Women Chamber of Commerce and its manifold Councils at International, National, Regional, State, Sectoral and City levels, suggest from time to time concrete steps and recommendations to relevant government authorities and institutions to empower women-owned businesses to become more competitive. The Councils representing 150+ Sectors will develop different areas of focus to mainstream women’s voices and uphold women’s interest in policy making at multiple levels. The Councils representing 150+ Sectors will develop different areas of focus to mainstream women’s voices and uphold women’s interest in policy making at multiple levels. Councils can work with corporates and governments for conducting important research studies, support skill development, deliver mentorship programs et al, with suitable grants and funding from them. Councils can hold programs with experts especially around how to: raise funds, structure businesses, increase market share, drive sales, and improve branding.
Councils & Office Bearers
The office bearers hold honorary positions as Presidents, Vice Presidents, and Council Members in the following categories of councils:
- Bilateral Business Councils (not sector-specific/multi-sectoral) in diverse countries (based both in that country and with counterpart councils in India);
- National Sector Councils in 150+ sectors;
- Regional Councils that coordinate (4 for Eastern/Western/Southern/Northern India);
- State/UT Councils (not sector-specific/multi-sectoral) coordinate (36 in the 36 States/UTs);
- State/UT Sector Councils in 150+ sectors;
- City Councils (not sector specific/multi-sectoral) for coordinating grassroots endeavours/engaging with city administrations;
- apex National Council with ex-officio presidential representation of all the councils, and including nominated industry members and others.